Sixth Form 16 -19 Tuition Fund
What is the 16-19 tuition fund?
The 16-19 tuition fund is ring fenced for Sixth Form colleges to mitigate the disruption to learning arising from coronavirus (COVID-19).
The funding is being used to support small group tuition for 16 to 19 students in English and Maths. The support is prioritised for students who have not achieved a grade 4 in English and/or Maths but can also be used to support other students who have been affected by the pandemic.
How will Cottingham High School and Sixth Form College use the funding?
At Cottingham High School and Sixth Form College we intend to utilise the funding to provide additional support to 8 priority students (grades 3-5) that have not yet achieved the required grade in Maths or English. Funding will be prioritised for students who are identified by the following criteria:
- Students that have yet to achieve a grade 4 in English or Maths on a Level 3 pathway
- Students that have yet to achieve their grade 5 in Maths and are studying a Science subject at A-Level
We intend to use the funding to:
- Provide small group tuition with a trained member of staff
- Use academic mentors to deliver some small group intervention
- Purchase resources for students and use these to support their learning
- Run additional small group intervention through twilight and holiday revision sessions
This statement is in line with Government guidance and may be updated to reflect any changes in our approach.