The Behaviour Policy is centred around Positive Discipline.
Positive Discipline is based on 3 simple ideas:
- Students want to be rewarded for their effort;
- Students need clear guidelines in terms of what constitutes acceptable behaviour; and
- Consistency so that everyone knows where they stand, how the school operates and responds to what it sees in front of it
Central to success is the Student Planner.
This will contain all the positives and negatives gained by a student in the week.
What will the new student planner look like?
- There is space for staff to record achievement points in the form of stamps. Stamps can be used to purchase items from the Rewards Shop and in turn lead to the awarding of certificates.
- Achievement points will be awarded for:
- Positive contributions in the lesson
- Positive acts around school
- Good attendance
There is also space for homework to be recorded. Written warnings are also recorded in the planner. Written warnings can be issued both in and out of the classroom for inappropriate behaviour and for not following the basic standards and expectations of the school.
- If a student receives 6 written warnings in a week he/she will be in Leadership detention until 4.00pm.
- If a student receives 8 written warnings in a week he/she will be in Isolation the next day.
- If a student receives 2 written warnings in one lesson, he/she will be in Leadership detention until 4.00pm.
Students can also receive a written warning in the classroom for…
- Failure to bring equipment, pen, pencil, ruler, calculator
- Failure to bring exercise book or homework to the lesson
- Failure to bring PE kit to the PE lesson
- Failure to bring Technology ingredients and equipment to the Technology lesson
- Mobile device seen or heard in the lesson without the permission of the teacher
- Incorrect uniform
Tutor PD Lesson
- Extended tutor time once a fortnight
- Recording of all merits and sanctions
- Individual conversations
- Praise from SLT –students sent to see SLT
- Rolling programme
- Thought For The Week
- Literacy and numeracy for KS3
- Maths and English for KS4
It continues to be imperative that students must be through the school gate by 8.45am. Students who are late twice in a week will receive an after school detention.
School Day 2018-19
8.50-9.10am Tutor Time
9.10-10.10am Period 1
10.25-11.25am Period 2
11.25am-12.25pm Period 3
1.10-2.10pm Period 4
2.10-3.10pm Period 5