Mellors Catering Services are currently recruiting for a:
CATERING MANAGER (954)
Mellors Catering Services is the first choice contract caterer in the north for catering in the business, industry and education sectors.
Operating some 200 sites, we provide expertise through a stable and professional management team.
From food on the plate to design and turn key project management of new catering developments, Mellors brings commercial experience and local resources to your organisation.
Our Mission is: Top quality service and food create happy and successful people
This role is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced catering manager to operate the catering provision in a high. We’re looking for someone with creativity, enthusiasm and a passion for children and food. Managing a small catering team you will be able to add some creativity for the children and provide a great service.
Environment: High School
Hours: 40 per week
Rate of Pay: £9.50 – equated (38.8 weeks worked per year)
Region: Cottingham HU16
Contract Start Date: ASAP
Accountable To: Area Manager
Required to wear uniform as per company guidelines
Catering Manager Role Purpose:
• Providing a full school catering service to high school children and staff
• Assisting the children to eat a healthy balanced diet
• Managing a team (including managing their performance, training and development, absence management and disciplinary if required)
• Controlling a budget and achieving sales targets and food costs
• Managing client demands, client relationship development
• Ensuring all food hygiene and health and safety regulations are adhered to at all times
• Adhere to existing and new working practices, methods, procedures and respond positively to new and alternative systems
• Taking an active part in any unit sales promotions
• Stock taking
• Completing relevant unit required paperwork
• Inducting & training new staff
• Participate in training and development
• Carry out ad hoc duties as directed by Area Manager
• May also be required to cover other sites within a reasonable distance
Essential Qualifications & Experience Needed To Be The Catering Manager:
• Previous contract catering & school meals experience is essential
• Excellent client liaison / relationship building skills are vital to this role.
• Must have excellent cooking skills in both presentation and taste.
• You will also be IT proficient.
• Ability to successfully manage a team
• Ability to promote a welcoming environment to our customers
• Neat and tidy in appearance
• A ‘can do’ attitude, prepared to assist the rest of the team
It will be necessary for the company to apply for a DBS check at commencement of employment.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as required to meet the on-going needs of the organisation.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please email Theresa Rowell - Mellors Area Manager: TheresaR@mellors.co.uk